Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solver program wanted

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrChevy
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:27 pm    Post subject: Solver program wanted Reply with quote

I am looking for a Solver program like came with the HP 200lx. Something that stores the equations in a Notepad.exe editable file, because I have over a hundred equations that I use on occasion. Pocket ESP, been there, done that to the tune of 49$(08/01), PocketSolver, been there, done that to the tune of 22$(11/01). Both are too slow to enter equations into. I would probably pay a 100$ for a program that works like the one on the HP 200lx that uses all of the functions that it can. ie retains UPPER and lower case in equations (ESP=yes, PS=no), = sign can be ANYWHERE in equation (ESP=no, PS=yes), stores equations in ascii (ESP=no, PS=no), has sppv,%,(ie dealing with money)and if/then type functions. Anyone know of a Solve program for the HP Jornada 547 I am using? Will have a HP Jornada 568 soon and wish it to work on that also. Where can I send the 10 or 15$ to someone who shows me such a program that does all of the above. Thanks!!
Ken
MrChevy
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: powerOne(tm) Solver Reply with quote

I found a solver program made by http://www.infinitysw.com/home/ that does 99% of what the solver in the HP 200LX does. I bought it in September of 2005 and have been using it for over three years now and it works great. They have hundreds of free add-ons for the program too. I bought the version that goes on my PPC (a Dell Axim 5) and on the Desktop too. I use a hotkey to open it on my Desktop anytime I need to do any Finance or Solver calculations. Lots of times I use it for conversions (even money, x$=xPeso etc) So, if you remember the HP 100LX/200LX Solver, this is the software you want to buy. I really like the HP 200LX and have nine of them that are here around the house and at work. They go for an average of $100 each on eBay is where I bought them. But, the Solver program from Infinity Software:

powerOne Finance $59.99
powerOne Finance for Handhelds
- Includes both Palm OS and Windows Mobile Pocket PC versions.
- Palm OS 3.1 or later; requires 550Kb of RAM.
- Pocket PC 2000 or later; requires 750Kb of RAM.
- Price: US$59.99

powerOne Finance for Windows
- Designed specifically for your Windows desktop or laptop.
- Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP; requires 3MB of memory.
- Price: US$59.99

powerOne Finance for Handhelds & Windows
- Includes Palm OS, Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Windows versions, synchronizing data and templates between handheld and Windows versions.
- Palm OS 3.1 or later; requires 550Kb of RAM.
- Pocket PC 2000 or later; requires 750Kb of RAM.
- Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP; requires 3MB of memory.
- Price: US$99.99

One of the best $99.99 I have ever spent!

Regards,

Ken Chevy

[683 views as of 28 December 2008]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: