Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calculator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
umockme
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 9:35 am    Post subject: Calculator Reply with quote

I've used my HP200LX for 6+ years and would love to replace it with a new CE device. Problem is... nothing I've ever seen can match the 200LX's math/math graphics/solver capabilities, in an easy-input mode. I had a Nino 320 for about 3 months, hated it; have tried the PalmPilot, hated it, too. I keep going back to the 200LX.
Why can't HP put the "old style" RPN and math packages into their new stuff?
wdodd
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2000 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HP Jornada 545 has an app preinstalled called Omnisolve that includes RPN style functions. Maybe this would meet your needs? It's developed by LandWare who is, not surprisingly found at...
http://www.landware.com
russ-smith
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Boldt has a wonderfull RPN calculator which seems to be modeled after the latest set of HP programmable calculators (with an unlimited stack and unit conversions postscripts). The latest version runs just fine on my Jornada 545. You can find it at http://oarnet.pda.tucows.com/wince/preview/026-010-002-033C.html

Russ Smith
chezchas
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope someone makes a "tape" calculator for Pocket PCs. If anyone knows of one that already exists, I'd love to hear about it.

I use a terrific tape calculator under Win 98 and NT called "ShowCalc v3.01." It's freeware and is available at www.shareware.com.

It's great because it shows a "tape" of the numbers you've entered. When I don't have the benefit of a tape, I usually finish entering a series of ammounts and then wonder, "Did I do that right?" and then I have enter the numbers all over again and I'm still not absolutely sure I entered them correctly. With ShowCalc, I can check my entries just like a professional accountant does with a paper tape. I can also cut and paste the list of numbers into another program.

It's so convenient that I would really like to see a similar calculator for Pocket PCs!
chezchas
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a followup to my previous post. I see that someone suggested a calculator in another thread that allows you to use Notes as a paper tape. It's called RapidCalc from DeveloperOne. Here's the other thread:
http://www.cecities.com/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000010.html

But if anyone know of any others tape calculators for Pocket PCs, I'd like to hear about them because I like to compare.

Thanks!

st63z
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something like Mathlab that I can use to handle full matrices for linear ODE problems? In fact, a Pocket Mathlab would be great.

Is there also something more general and versatile like Mathematica or Mathcad for Pocket PC? Something very powerful... I think the PPC hardware is powerful enough no problem.
txa1265
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OmniSolve is a very nice RPN calculator, actually my favorite - because it takes care of all of my HP11C type stuff, and loads very quickly, and is in ROM.

However, there is *NO* program available as powerful as the HP200LX Calc, nor a spreadsheet as powerful as the 1-2-3 version on the LX. In fact, for the scientist/engineer, I would argue that the HP200LX is *still* the most powerful PDA available ... and second is either the Newton MP2k or the Psion 5mx ...

But don't get me wrong ... if you can accept the boundaries in terms of scientific capabilities, the new PocketPC's are wonderful - I really enjoy my HP 545.

Mike
drkirkby

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="st63z"]Is there something like Mathlab that I can use to handle full matrices for linear ODE problems? In fact, a Pocket Mathlab would be great.

Is there also something more general and versatile like Mathematica or Mathcad for Pocket PC? Something very powerful... I think the PPC hardware is powerful enough no problem.[/quote]

Try Mathematica on a server and use via WITM

http://witm.sourceforge.net/

Take a look at the screenshots of this with Mathematica on an iPAQ.

http://witm.sourceforge.net/images/sine-curve-on-pda-with-witm2.jpg
http://witm.sourceforge.net/images/mathematica-on-iPAQ.jpg
tk@sfr.de
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chezchas wrote:
I hope someone makes a "tape" calculator for Pocket PCs. If anyone knows of one that already exists, I'd love to hear about it.

I use a terrific tape calculator under Win 98 and NT called "ShowCalc v3.01." It's freeware and is available at www.shareware.com.

It's great because it shows a "tape" of the numbers you've entered. When I don't have the benefit of a tape, I usually finish entering a series of ammounts and then wonder, "Did I do that right?" and then I have enter the numbers all over again and I'm still not absolutely sure I entered them correctly. With ShowCalc, I can check my entries just like a professional accountant does with a paper tape. I can also cut and paste the list of numbers into another program.

It's so convenient that I would really like to see a similar calculator for Pocket PCs!

There is a software already out a while called "calcPad".
Take a look here:
http://www.sfr-software.de/cms/EN/pocketpc/calcpad/index.html
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be noted that the calculator built into Resco Keyboard Pro has always offered a 'paper tape' function, which can be toggled on and off by use of a button labelled 'P'. Not to take away from CalcPad, just mentioning another available option.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: