Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP320LX ethernet problem.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Palm-size PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Physhie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: HP320LX ethernet problem. Reply with quote

I have an HP320LX and a Xircom 10/100 CE3B pcmcia NIC. I downloaded the drivers from Intel. double checked my CPU (SH3) and Win Version.(2.0). copied the cab file to my 320 and when I double click the file. The driver install starts then fails almost immediatly. tells me, "cannot find the file" but the file it is looking for is the one i click on to start the install. i have tried from \, \temp, \windows, \desktop. i tried first with the network patch.(ne2000) and then tried from a hard boot, nothing loaded. I tried loading the MS SP1, but same error everytime. Is there a back way i could manually install the files?
Any Help at this point would be great.
Thanks, Joe.
daniela
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any tips on running ethernet cables in a house? My house is about 12 years old and was not built with network cable runs. Can someone link me to some good sites/give me some good ideas on running cables? Ideally I'd like the modem/router mounted on my board where the electric/cable/phone lines come in and then run ethernet from there. Can this be done without ripping too many walls out? Any good tricks to use existing cable runs to snake my ethernet cables along those?

Last edited by daniela on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Home Depot sells long drill bits so you can drill through the top plate and firewall studs to install the cable. Also, I would not recommend installing the cable under a rug - it will wear the cable.

Other than that, it gets installed the same way a phone line does except that all cables must come back to the router. If you need more ethernet ports then you may need to install a switch and a cable to connect the switch to the router.
http://www.tabletpctalk.com - Get the latest Tablet PC News
http://www.pocketpctalk.com - Get the latest Pocket PC News
http://www.mobilitytalk.com - Quickly view all the Pocket PC & Tablet PC News on one page
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa there! Without intimate, exact knowledge of the household wiring already in place it is VERY likely you would electrocute yourself, burn down your house, or both while randomly drilling holes in the walls. While much can be guessed about wire routing based on outlet locations and the panel location, and of course much more could be seen if you have an exposed, unfinished basement ceiling, I'd suggest for safety reasons that you ensure such holes are drilled by a qualified electrician.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Palm-size PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: