Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing Games from Pocket PC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 2003 and SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbkleipool
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Removing Games from Pocket PC Reply with quote

Hello All,

First question posed here at this forum, I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance for your suggestions regarding my problem.

I want to remove three programs from my pocket pc; messenger, solitaire and jawbreaker. Somehow I cannot find the way to remove them.
They are not listed when I hit the "remove programs button" and removing the links to the program which would solve my problem as well is not possible either.

Some information on the device: Microsoft Pocket PC, Version 4.20.0 (build 14053)

Maybe I am missing something here and you guys can help me out! Appreciate your help a lot!
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programs in ROM cannot be manually removed. If you have a ROM image and a developer's 'kitchen' then you can 'cook' an OS version for yourself without these programs included... or you could find a version custom made by a cook which does not include such programs. Or you can just delete the shortcuts to them in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and try to forget they're there. That's probably easiest.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 2003 and SE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: