Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trouble installing v3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omacar
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: trouble installing v3 Reply with quote

I needed to make a hard reset on my axim30 and I tried to re-install my Antivirus. I says it cannot and gives me the following:

"cannot install due to an invalid setup file"

can I get some help?
hezahonker
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are you installing it exactly and with type- desktop installation or cab file?

give your exact steps. make sure to disable any software that may interfer with the cab install.
omacar
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desktop installation. it tells me to go to http://airscanner.com/downloads/av/amav.exe
I do it says it is going to install I say yes, it then says what is above.

I do and I am able to download the firewall and the encrypter but it would not let me download the antivirus. I even turn off the firewall and security settings but nada.

Whast could be it? I am using an Axim30h
hezahonker
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested the link and I had no problem. Sounds like the installation is corrupt.

I would unistall the Antivirus completely from your computer if you have installed it before successfully in the past and you believe it is still in the list of programs on the PC. If it is still on your computer you should still see it in Active Sync, you can use the button in in Active Sync's Add/Remove Programs to "Remove" from the computer all together. Also, clear your browser's Cache and then restart your computer and try to download and reinstall again.

If you don't want to do all of this, just go to airscanner.com and you can download the Over The Air (OTA) directly to your device if you are connected wirelessly with your Axim. Wink
omacar
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new develpments. i was able to download the version from the web but its asking me for the key. I purchased it from pocketgear and no longer have it. shoul i contact pocketgear?

by the way thanks for the help
air2
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Contact Airscanner... Reply with quote

Hello,
Just go to this site:

http://www.airscanner.com/contact.php

And send them as much purchase information that you have...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: