Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

list of devices that work with Airscanner mobile sniffer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Sniffer Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IPfreely
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: list of devices that work with Airscanner mobile sniffer Reply with quote

hello,

i'd really like to make use of airscanner mobile sniffer in promiscuous mode, but have thus far been unable to find a PDA that it's compatible with

so far i've tried:
HP iPaq 4150 - 2003se (yes i saw on the airscanner site this model isn't supported)
HP iPaq 2495 - wm5
HP iPaq 2495b - wm5

each of them work properly to sniff it's own traffic, but won't work in promiscuous mode. is there a list working devices that are able to take advantage of the full list of features somewhere? i'll even add them to a list here if someone can point me to one.

i've seen lists on different sites selling version 2.2:
example 1
example 2
but they don't specify if promiscuous mode is supported. in fact, the iPaq 2945 is listed as a working device on both sites.

would anyone be able to list if their device works here please?

edit: ok here's a list i'll try to update as i find what devices work
WORKS IN PROMISCUOUS MODE
CF 1180 from Dell

DOES NOT WORK IN PROMISCUOUS MODE
HP iPaq 4150 - 2003se
HP iPaq hx2495 - wm5
HP iPaq hx2495b - wm5

sincerely,
IPfreely

Last edited by IPfreely on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post! Hopefully some users will post here. Especially users who have external wifi cards!

It seems that not many PDA's support promiscuous-mode sniffing, but the use of some external CF wifi cards does. For example, the CF 1180 card from Dell works.

I suspect the hardware for many built-in WiFi cards might actually have the capability, but the OEMs have either disabled/crippled it, or neglected to enable it. It is probably not a feature that many PDA users ask for or demand when buying a PDA.
ninocass
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the dell CF 1180 but i can only seem to capture ARP and the odd UDP packet, can you confirm that you were able to collect TCP packets?

Thanks
air2
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: I can confirm it... Reply with quote

Here is a screen shot I just took:

Make sure you enable promiscuous mode...

If this doesn't work, send in a support email to airscanner at http://www.airscanner.com/contact.php
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Sniffer Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: