Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonicwall Global VPN Client

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 5.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Sonicwall Global VPN Client Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to use the Sonicwall Gloval VPN Client on Mobile 5? Sonicwall says it's not supported but I've learned not to trust their support the hard way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Doesn't work Reply with quote

When you try to install the program on a Windows Mobile 5.0 device it errors out and states that the software is only built for Windows PPC 2003/CE or later devices. So unfortunately, until they release a newer version, Sonicwall users are out of luck.
djwilcox
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Sonicwall VPN Reply with quote

A bit late in a response here for this thread, but I've been going through the trials and tribulations of trying to connect my Treo 700w with Windows Mobile 5.0 to our Sonic Wall and have not yet had any luck... here's the story from Sonic Wall that I've heard so far...

They DO have a Windows Mobile 5.0 client, but it's in beta right now... they did send it to me, but it doesn't play well with my device... keeps giving errors so I uninstalled it.

The story I got from their support group is that most likely they will never release the WM5 client in lieu of recommending that their customers use the Microsoft VPN client to connect.

I don't have a link handy to the document, but there is a relatively lengthy document floating around the Net with specific Sonic Wall configuration information to support a connection from the WM5 Microsoft IPSec/L2TP VPN client.
noopykat
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in this document as I have a Sonicwall TZ170 and a UT Starcom 6700 We have been able to negotiate Phase 1 and Phase 2 but as Sonicwall does not support CHAP V2 (Which WM5 only supports), we are unable to obtain an IP and the connection times out. A call to Sonicwall for support gave us a Beta of the GVC but although we could connect, it wouls prevent us from doing anything other than ping or port scanning servers on the LAN. It also prevented access to the "Network Card" applet.

We have tried PRO2040, SOHO3 as have the same problems. I have heard that Sonicwall is working on CHAP V2 support but it will be a while before it is released.

As the IT Manager, I NEED this to work... Sad
djwilcox
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote

Apparently the problem with the PocketGVC was with the IT guy who configured the Sonic Wall user account... the beta Pocket GVC client can now connect and negotiate Phase 1 and 2, etc... the next challenge will be in trying to figure out how to associate the client with an automatic useable connection (i.e. My Work) on Windows Mobile so I can set up the appropriate network associations....
SevereCircle
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Windows Mobile 5.0 Client Request Reply with quote

Djwilcox,

Hopefully you still subscribe to this thread.

I have tried getting sonicwall support to send me the beta software you had without success. Do you still have a copy of it and would you be able to send it to me?

Heres the support I got:

Dear Mr. Gary, Pocket Glogal VPN Client ( GVC ) will only run on Pocket PC 2003 which is built on top of Windows CE. Pocket GVC will NOT run on Pocket PC 2002 and Windows CE. If there is a beta version of this software, this will be tested only on few customer that are part of Beta testing program. These selections are made by engineering department, not technical support team. As there is no further assistance from technical support team, other then recommending to keep a close watch on release notes, newsletters etc, we will need to change the status of this case to pending closed. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us about them. We look forward to supporting you in the future. Kind regards, Florin

Cheers
djwilcox
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Email me Reply with quote

Yeah - I have it. Email me at dwilcox @ bernphyl.com and I'll send it to you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 5.0 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: