Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How correct Hotsync Problem between Vx & v4.1 Palm Deskt

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Palm-size PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judy
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: How correct Hotsync Problem between Vx & v4.1 Palm Deskt Reply with quote

How can I get my old Palm Vx previously synced to an old Windows 98 computer with Palm OS v3.01 to sync to a new Dell computer operating on WinXP with downloaded Palm Desktop version 4.1.04? When I press the hotsync button on my cradle with the Palm Vx handheld I received the following message that the sync failed because “HotSync Problem: The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again.” I confirmed direct serial port hookup and entered the same user name on my new XP computer as on my old computer. What should I do to correct this problem? My Palm handheld and old computer synced fine just prior to my moving the cradle and serial port to my new XP with the latest Palm 4.1.04 Palm desktop downloaded. Ultimately I want to switch my Palm desktop to Outlook to I can than switch from the Palm Vx to a new Dell Axim x50v.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy, this is a "Palm-size PC" forum, not a "Palm" forum. I'm sorry, but are you confused about the nature of this discussion site? There are no forums anywhere on CEWindows.NET dedicated to Palm OS devices, period.

I'd recommend going to somewhere like PalmCentral or the Palm area of Brighthand.com to find answers. Of course, like I said to you elsewhere, there is always a small chance that someone here has used a Palm... Sorry if this is coming across as mean-spirited. I really am trying to help direct you towards answers, but have no Palm knowledge myself, and have rarely seen any displayed among our members.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Palm-size PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: