Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on Touch Pro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorlawrence
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Question on Touch Pro Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a few questions for all the experts here:

1. Touchflo is still active but somehow the touchflo phone dialer skin diappeared. How can I recover it, w/out a hard reset?

2. How many apps have people loaded into these tp2 phones, on average? Can apps be loaded directly onto the SD card?

3. Can anyone recommend a Mobile Outlook app if I'm not looking to sync w/a PC and want to use the phone as a standalone PC/laptop replacement?

4. Is there a calendar app available that shows a complete month view, similar to a paper desktop calendar or the month view in Outlook? Could the calendar integrate with touchflo, replacing the existing calendar?

5. How would I cut and paste text in windows mobile, similar to control c/control v in windows?

6. Is there a way to improve video out quality when running the accessory cable from the tp2 to a monitor?

Thanks, in advance, for everyone's help!
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a go at some of your questions.

Quote:
1. Touchflo is still active but somehow the touchflo phone dialer skin disappeared. How can I recover it, w/out a hard reset?

I'd suggest using AdvancedConfig by Julien Schapman. Once installed, run it and expand the Phone entry in the options tree, select Phone Skin - Enabled from the drop-down menu, then exit the program and tap Yes to the soft reset option. This should re-enable your phone canvas unless something else has corrupted its function somehow.
Quote:
2. How many apps have people loaded into these tp2 phones, on average? Can apps be loaded directly onto the SD card?

I generally have about 60 after-market programs installed, and I'm using an HTC Touch Elfin, not your phone but not all that different, running WM6.5. I install most to main memory as the Elfin has lots of that, but have the Softmaker Office Suite and a couple of other larger apps installed to microSD (keep an 8GB card in at all times). Standalone apps, usually small things, usually freeware, can of course be put wherever one likes. But if using an Activesync install or using a CAB file one has to select manually to install to the card. Most files from an installed program will go to the folder created on the card, but many programs also put various DLL and other files into main memory as well as registry entries, just as with a desktop Windows installer where many files go all over the system without user control over this. Of course one can get into hacking install locations, edit registry values after the fact and move files and such... but that can be tricky.
Quote:
3. Can anyone recommend a Mobile Outlook app if I'm not looking to sync w/a PC and want to use the phone as a standalone PC/laptop replacement?

There are lots. Really, lots. Just about every major WM developer out there has an Office suite of some sort. I used to use Birdsoft Ulti-Planner as it has a lot of neat UI elements for sorting stuff out... but got tired of the slight delays in starting up third-party utilities like that. Used lots of stuff before that, some big name things, some tiny, but in the end I find that the built-in Calendar and Contacts offer enough for my humble needs, making it quick and easy to sort through my 800+ contacts and my several appointments per week. Really, searching for features you particularly want is going to give you better answers than any guessing on someone else's part. Only you know what you want from such apps.
Quote:
4. Is there a calendar app available that shows a complete month view, similar to a paper desktop calendar or the month view in Outlook? Could the calendar integrate with touchflo, replacing the existing calendar?

Yup, sure. I think SPB has such a feature, and probably a few others do as well.
Quote:
5. How would I cut and paste text in windows mobile, similar to control c/control v in windows?

Tap & Hold. Menu pops up in most applications, though there is the odd dialogue in non-native apps where this doesn't happen. Tap & hold has been the PPC/WM way since the beginning, back in the Palm-size PC days in the late 1990's. Of course you can also just CtlC and CtlV (and CtlX and CtlZ and CtlF and whatever else you like) using the built-in software keyboard. Works just fine.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 6 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: