Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot any longer Sync Tasks via Pocket Informant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> ActiveSync
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alduchaney
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Cannot any longer Sync Tasks via Pocket Informant Reply with quote

WM Hardware: Verizon PPC XV6700 - WM5
Desktop OS: Windows XP
Version: Pocket Informant 8.2329 9/30/2009 for Windows Mobile 5.0/6
Synch Software: ActiveSync 4.5

I use Plan Plus For Outlook by Franklin Covey.

Issue:
I can uninstall/reinstall Pocket Informant and sync tasks once, but after that Active Sync 4.5 (4.5.0 build 5096) hangs and never stops "Looking for Changes". It then removes all the tasks from the Pocket PC from the previous sync when I Ctrl+Alt+Del and stop the Outlook.exe process.

WebIS: "Can you tell me what sync options you have enabled, especially tasks and the Pocket Informant sync conduit? (tasks should be disabled, and Pocket Informant enabled) Do you have a large number of tasks in your Outlook deleted folder? If so, please clear them out."

My deleted is and was clear. Tasks are disabled and PI is enabled in Active Sync. I even deleted all completed tasks, but the only way to get the pocket PC to sync is to end Outlook, (which becomes nonresponsive when Active Sync runs and Pocket Informant is enabled).

If I then deselect Pocket Informant Active Sync works fine and Outlook does not become nonresponsive. But, of course, I can't get my tasks on the device.

This worked fine for me when I was running Outlook 2003, but a recent
upgrade to Office Enterprise 2007 has renedered me unable to use Pocket Informant other than for Calendar and Contacts.

Again, if I uninstall and re-nstall PI I can get it to sync tasks once, but after that first time I get the same experience described above AND what was put on the device is removed.

Web IS: "It almost sounds like the upgrade to Outlook 2007 enterprise enabled a security feature preventing access other than by the Activesync native conduits.

We appreciate having the opportunity to help and serve you. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do.

WebIS Customer Care"

Active Sync, Outlook 2007, Pocket Informant all work in every other way. I even did a hard reset to my PPC and re-installed EVERYTHING, but still cannot get Active Sync to move betond "Looking For Changes" without Ctril+Alt+Del.

Any ideas how I can get these products to work togwether again like they used to? WebIS obviously is blowing me off and I expect no different treatment from Franklin Covey or Microsoft, each pointing the finger at another vendor.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> ActiveSync All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: