Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Gerard in order to lat you see my reply

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 2003 and SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pang1135
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Dear Gerard in order to lat you see my reply Reply with quote

Dear Gerard

Sorry Gerard I do know why went I push on the reply and submit it always appear error say that, Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form that way I need to post a new post in order to lat you see my reply.

After I read your post some of the topic I was unable to understand but some I did understand

Only adobe reader able to function correctly, but the realpayer unable to function correctly can you help me Thank you.

And about how to remover the icon on my o2XDAlli phone can you please explain more in detail or step by step that lat me be able understand more easily please for the help I deeply appreciate .

Thank you please helps me.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have presented a new problem; posting a reply to a personal message about duplicate postings, but doing so in a new thread not connected to either the personal message I sent to you nor to the original topic in which I answered your questions.

Since you have asked here, I suppose I will answer here... but please do try to follow normal forum habits and not scatter the information everywhere.

Quote:
Only adobe reader able to function correctly, but the realpayer unable to function correctly can you help me Thank you.

RealPlayer has never been a very good program. I have tried two versions but none recently, as reports I have read of one more recent version indicate that it is just as bad as the previous ones. I would suggest that you consider a better made program for media playback, such as CorePlayer or TCPMP or perhaps a product from Vito, or PocketTV, or any of the many other media programs available for Pocket PC use. If you specifically need to play back Real format files (RA, RM, things like that) then I suppose you need RealPlayer... but the company seems not very interested in providing a decent program for PPC users.

Quote:
And about how to remover the icon on my o2XDAlli phone can you please explain more in detail or step by step that lat me be able understand more easily please for the help I deeply appreciate .

As I said, the 'icon' is simply a shortcut file, with the extension .LNK. The LNK extension means 'link' because that's what a shortcut is; a link to the actual file, in this case an EXE file for the program. If the program has been removed then the shortcut should also be gone, but if it is not then you can delete it manually like this:

- Open File Explorer from your Start Menu > Programs folder.
- It will open to the My Documents folder. At the top of this view, tap My Documents on the header bar.
- This will bring down a menu of folders. Tap 'My Device' here.
- This will take you to the root directory, where you should see several folders including the Windows folder. Tap that.
- Scroll down in Windows until you see the Start Menu folder. Tap that.
- Tap the Programs folder.
- When you find the icon which is bothering you, tap and hold it with the stylus - do not let go, just tap and hold it. A menu will pop up.
- Tap Delete on that menu.
- Then when the program asks 'are you sure?' tap Yes. The file will be deleted.

I hope this is clear enough. I cannot think of any more details to explain this task.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I strongly recommend that you remove your email address and Skype number from your signature in forums. These invite spammers, and you could find yourself overwhelmed with spam thanks to web-crawling email address harvesting softwares.
pang1135
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: where to download compatible realplayer software for o2XDAll Reply with quote

Dear Gerard

Thank you ,your explanation is very clear I have follow the instruction that give it me and successfully remove the unwanted icon ,Thank you very very much of helping me and I also remove my email and Skype address from the forum .

Thank you for solving once of my problem and the second problem is the realplayer can you recommend me where to download compatible realplayer software for o2XDAlli

Once again Thank you very much.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I did not make the point clear earlier, so... as far as I know, in my 8 years of experience using Pocket PCs of various models and in testing thousands of programs for these devices, there is no Real Media player available except RealPlayer by RealOne. And RealPlayer is broken, a very buggy piece of software. Real Media has been a disaster since it started, a locked-down set of file and stream formats which seek to exclude use by all other players except their own player. Proprietary software at its worst.

So my suggestion would be that if you have Real formatted media you wish to play on your phone, that you consider converting it to other formats, such as DivX AVI if it's video or MP3 or AAC if it's audio only. There are many conversion softwares available. SUPER by eRightSoft is very capable, if somewhat tricky to set up, and is freeware. Otherwise you can use Google to find other conversion software specifically made to convert Real media to other formats.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows Mobile 2003 and SE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: