Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to uninstall Airscanner Antivirus Mobile?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grond
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: How to uninstall Airscanner Antivirus Mobile? Reply with quote

Hello there
I installed a few days ago the trial version of the Airscanner Antivirus Mobile on my HP ipaq 6915 which runs under Windows Mobile 5.1. When I tried to uninstall the software I got a message, that the program could not be uninstalled completely from my system. Reinstalling the trial version and retrying the uninstall did not work either. Does anybody have a idea how I can solve that problem and uninstall successfully? Thanks in advance.
Grond
hezahonker
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi grond,

Welcome to the forums. There is a well known problem with a bug in WM5 that causes this headache.

I am wondering a few things.

Did you preform a soft reset before you tried to install?
Also, did you try to install to main memory?
When attempting to unistall did you preform a soft reset first?

I would suggest doing a soft reset and then trying to unistall. If that doesn't work, you can preform a manual unistall by removing manually by deleting progam files associated with Airscanner, AppMgr files that are associated with Airscanner (that's located in the windows folder btw) and any dll in the windows...can't remember if there are any...just look to make sure.

I know this isn't a popular suggestion, but you can always preform a backup and then hard reset. Then try to install Airscanner first to see if that works. If it doesn't you could always restore. That is up to you though. Exclamation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: