Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hezahonker
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Error 2 Reply with quote

Embarassed I am embarassed to say that I forgot in all the excitement to do an update so I ran one today and update downloads from web very well but when it goes to load the definitions the following error appears:

"Error 2 startig "\Storage. Update aborted"

I can duplicate this error on two different X30s. Both are installed to main memory. Wink

Update: one of the devices is showing a slightly different error...

Instead of \Storage. it shows \Built-in. which would indicate that it is trying to store data in the built in storage and the other device is trying to store on storage card I suppose. Don't quite understand how the same installation on two different devices to main memory is showing two different messages and locations????

Last edited by hezahonker on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, by any chance was the update installed to storage card? Does the problem persist after a hard reset then reinstall, and update with storage card removed?
hezahonker
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my post with some additional information please see above.

Nope it didn't install anything that I can see to both locations I indicated above.

In terms of removing storage card on the one that is reporting \Storage in it's error message that does not help. Let me see if I can search the device to find where the file has been downloaded to. what does it look like?

I will do a hard reset for you and see what happens.
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before doing that, please email me
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hezahonker
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK found the culprit. There is a program by SK that I use called SK cab instl.

It was grabbing the update cab and trying to reinstall it to another location where the cab install program is actually located on the device. If anyone uses this program, just deselect "associate cab files" in the cab instl program settings before preforming an update. Very Happy

I tried moving the cab instl exe to the main memory but this does not help because it is essentially hijacking the files and misdirecting them no matter where it is.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: