Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 key pad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbass
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: 10 key pad Reply with quote

I would like to be able to use a 10 keypad with the iPAQ for entering data. I need to be able to use my hands for making measurements. If I could mount the iPAQ on a rack that I could wear so that I could see the screen and have the keypad (wire or wireless) also mounted so as to be easy to find - I could touch enter data and still be able to use my hands for making the measurements. As it is two people are needed or it takes twice as long by having to handle so much "stuff". Any ideas?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only software 'paper-tape' calculator I know of is Resco's Keyboard Pro. The decimal keypad is not really big enough for finger numeral entry, though a corner of a finger can easily do it if not gloved or in a hurry. It has a free trial period, so you can install that and try it out. I use it for adding junk up all the time, though I use a stylus for this. http://www.resco-net.com/resco/en/default.asp
If you mean to enter data in other than a text document, like a spreadsheet or something, it is more likely you'd want a hardware keypad. With the USB > CF adapter now or soon to be available, it would be necessary only to have a USB keypad (readily available) and a driver for it on the PPC. Sorry, but I didn't save a link or remember the company which has recently announced this CF card and cable. It cost something aroung USD$129, I think.
As for mounting on your body, Arkon makes a car mount which could be adapted to a heavy belt or a light harness to be worn. Or you could just build one from scratch. Shouldn't be very difficult.

------------------
Gerard Ivan Samija
Contributing Editor
http://www.pocketnow.com/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: