Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDA converter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toubib
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: CDA converter Reply with quote

so you can copy a song off your music CD and convert it to MP3 right on the PocketPC!!
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many CD players can support a connection to a Pocket PC? I haven't heard of one. Is this in the works? If not, CDA to MP3 on a PPC would still follow ripping on a PC first. Guess that is what you mean...
toubib
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll rephrase...so you can copy a CDA file directly from your CD in your CD drive on your desktop and copy it unchanged by activesync to your PDA and have the conversion occur:

1. as a part of the transfer process like for other converted files...

or

2. entirely on the PDA by opening the file with the conversion software...

that would be great!
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since the average CDA file is about 35MB, and they rage from maybe 15MB to well over 100MB per track (depending on the length of the song/track), it would seem to challenge the limits of PPC memory, and would certainly tax the patience of the user waiting for 600MB+ of a whole CD to move over even the fastest Activesync connection. Right?
I know, conversion on-device would be cool. There is a company in Germany working towards release of a Pocket PC video editing software, the exact nature of which is yet undisclosed. I'll try it, if they make a Casio MIPS version. I'm all for getting away from the PC. But there may well be practical limits.
toubib
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My IPAQ 3635 is fitted out with a PC Card sleeve and a 1GB type III HDD so, if the conversion software is able to run on the type III drive, it would work fine...where can I watch for that software to which you make reference?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here: http://www.mainconcept.de/index.shtml

I'm not sure how seriously to take this. But my fingers are crossed. I've got a 6GB Accurite, with about 3GB free...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: