Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few suggestions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mschoneman
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 7:39 am    Post subject: A few suggestions Reply with quote

1. I know it won't happen, but a second CompactFlash slot would be great. I currently have to swap between my CF memory card and my CF Ethernet card.

In general what I'm looking for is one expansion slot of connectivity (modem, ethernet, or better yet Bluetooth when available) and one for memory expansion. I'm sure someone will come up with something that connects to the USB port for additional expansion, so this may be a moot point.

2. Standardize the connectors. I hope that the USB connector on the bottom of all the new Pocket PCs will be the standard size and shape and not require a dongle of some sort to convert it.

3. Include car adapters. I'll almost never use my Pocket PC in my car but recharging the battery would be nice.

4. Make a better, standardized cradle. My current Casio E-100 cradle feels cheap and my device is now starting to be marginal on connections. I'd like to see third party cradles that work with all the new machines.

5. (Just for Casio) Fix the cheap CF cover on the Casio E-10x!

Just my opinion,
-Michael O. Schoneman
Lilla
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second, idea #1

A second CompactFlash slot would be great. One for memory card + connectivity card. For example:
1) memory card for maps
2) Pretec CompactGPS
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Wishlists All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: